Otrivin® nasal sprays
Otrivin® nasal sprays provide a variety of treatments for nasal congestion and may deliver faster, more targeted relief than traditional oral decongestants.1,2
All Otrivin® medicated nasal sprays contain xylometazoline, a vasoconstrictor, that works by constricting blood vessels in the nasal passage.1,2
Xylometazoline is an effective active ingredient which:1,3
- - Quickly decongests the nasal passages
- - Targets nasal congestion at the source
- - Reduces swelling
- - Acts within 5 minutes
- - Gives relief for up to 10 hours.
Topical decongestants, such as xylometazoline, provide the most immediate relief due to their targeted administration to the nose. They may also be a more suitable option due to the smaller potential for systemic side effects compared with oral decongestants.3,4
Additionally, for customers requiring relief from a runny and congested nose, Otrivin® Plus combines the decongestant effects of xylometazoline with ipratropium, to reduce watery discharge production in the nasal passages and stops a runny nose.5
Help customers with nasal symptoms beat the cold and flu season this year with the over-the-counter Otrivin® medicated nasal spray range.
Remember that Nasal Spray should not be used more than 5 days, if symptoms persist, please see your medical practitioner.
1. Eccles R et al. Am J Rhinol 2008;22:491–6.
2. Eccles R. Over the counter medicines for colds. In: Eccles R and Weber O, eds. Common Cold. Basel: Birkhäuser Verlag; 2009.
3. Gentile DA et al. Immunol Allergy Clin North Am. 2002;20:355–368.
4. Dykewicz MS et al. Ann Allergy Asthma Immunol 1998;81:478–518.
5. Eccles R et al. Am J Rhinol 2007;21:40–5.